2501 W. 18th Ave., Suite D
Emporia, KS 66801
620-342-1714 • Fax 620-342-4701
Undergraduate Education Grants
The Jones Foundation assists qualified, eligible applicants with a portion of the cost for undergraduate education at an accredited institution of their choice. There is no age restriction and applicants may attend public, private, community or technical institutions located in-state or out-of state. Study Abroad programs and institutions exclusively providing on-line curriculums will not be considered.
Undergraduate Education Grants are:
- Need-based grants paid directly to institutions to help offset the costs of tuition, fees and books for fall and spring semesters (up to a maximum of eight).
- Available only to degree-seeking students enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester at a single institution.
- Not limited to number of students applying per family; however, individual application and information is necessary for each applicant.
- Not limited to one-time application. If denied previously, re-application is permitted should you so choose.
New applications are required each year, as grants are awarded for only one academic year at a time. With the application, you are responsible for providing copies of the following required information for each application completed.
- Most recent complete Federal Tax Return, if filed.
- Most recent Financial Aid Award Letter with your name included. Copies with handwritten names will not be accepted.
- High School Seniors provide an official copy of final High School Transcript.
- Dependent and Independent Students provide an official transcript from last institution attended. If currently receiving the Undergraduate Education Grant or transferring schools, provide once all grades are posted. Electronic submission is accepted and can be sent to [email protected].
- All pages of Final Student Aid Report (SAR). Log in with your FSA ID at Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Copy of State Issued Birth Certificate or Legal Immigration Status Documents, if first time applying. Do not send original.
- Most recent complete Federal Tax Return. If you file a separate business tax return, you must also provide a copy. If you have questions please contact the office.
- Proof of all additional monthly income for previous year, i.e. cash assistance, child support, death and/or survivor benefits, SSDI, SSI, food stamps, military, retirement, unemployment.