2501 W. 18th Ave., Suite D
Emporia, KS 66801
620-342-1714 • Fax 620-342-4701
Undergraduate Education Grants
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS ALL INFORMATION HAS BEEN UPDATED!
NOTE: Paper documents will no longer be accepted. All required supporting documents must be sent via fax at 620-342-4701 or emailed to j[email protected].
The Jones Foundation assists qualified, eligible applicants (as defined under About Education Assistance) with a portion of the cost for undergraduate education at an accredited institution of their choice. There is no age restriction and applicants may attend public, private, community or technical institutions located in or out of state. Study Abroad programs and institutions exclusively providing on-line curricula will not be considered. You must complete a new application each year as grants are awarded for one academic year at a time.
Undergraduate Education Grants are:
- Need-based grants paid directly to institutions to help offset the costs of tuition, fees and books for fall and spring semesters (up to a maximum of eight).
- Available only to degree-seeking students enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester at a single institution.
- Multiple family members may apply; however, an application and information specific to each student must be provided.
- Not limited to one-time application. If denied previously, re-application is permitted should you so choose.
With each application, you are responsible for providing the required information listed below.
- Most recent complete Federal Tax Return, if filed.
- Financial Aid Award Letter for the academic year for which you are applying. This letter must include your name (cannot be handwritten) and must show amounts awarded for EACH semester.
- High School Seniors provide an official copy of FINAL High School Transcript. Electronic submission is REQUIRED and MUST be emailed to [email protected].
- Dependent and Independent Students provide an official transcript from last institution attended. NOTE: If currently receiving the Undergraduate Education Grant or transferring schools, provide AFTER all grades are posted. Electronic submission is REQUIRED, and MUST be EMAILED to [email protected].
- Copy of State-issued Birth Certificate or Legal Immigration Status Documents, ONLY IF FIRST TIME APPLYING.
- Most recent complete Federal Tax Return. If you file a SEPARATE BUSINESS return, you must provide a copy. If MARRIED and file separate returns, BOTH are required. If you LIVE TOGETHER and both individuals file returns, BOTH are required. If you have questions, please contact the office.
- Proof of all additional monthly income for previous year, i.e. cash assistance, child support, death and/or survivor benefits, SSDI, SSI, food stamps, military, retirement, unemployment.