The Jones Foundation has contracted with Smiles Change Lives (SCL) to administer its orthodontic program. SCL is responsible for managing the day-to-day program operations, responding to applicant inquiries, approving requests and coordinating case management throughout the entire orthodontic treatment process.
In addition to satisfying the Jones Foundation eligibility requirements for residency and citizenship, applicants must also meet the following qualifications unique to orthodontic services:
- be up to, but not including, 19 years of age;
- have good dental hygiene (as certified by the child’s general dentist within 30 days of application date) and have no unfilled cavities
- have a moderate to severe need for braces
- not be wearing braces, currently; nor ever have received braces from the Jones Foundation
- meet SCL’s financial guidelines
- be willing to pay a $30 (USD) non-refundable application fee, and
- if approved, the applicable required financial investment (per child) for recommended treatment.